Prairie 360˚ Skyline Restaurant: A new view
Prairie 360˚ Skyline Restaurant and Lounge
Address: 83 Garry Street, floors 28 to 31
Phone Number: 204-505-2681
The restaurant with Winnipeg's best view—the aptly named Prairie 360˚ Skyline Restaurant and Lounge—opens for business November 11.
In late October, Peg City Grub and Tourism Winnipeg staff took a tour of the newly renovated space.
The former revolving restaurant, located on the 28th to 31st floors of Fort Garry Place directly behind the Fort Garry Hotel, has remained closed for the past several years.
In mid-2013, local restaurateur Noel Bernier announced plans to reopen the restaurant.
With construction in its final stages and staff training in full swing, hospitality and bar manager Kelvin Peters lead us through a four-floor trek. The menu is a carefully curated homage to prairie ingredients using simple preparations.
The menu's mantra? Using fewer, high quality ingredients and not overwhelming diners with an assault of competing flavours, executive chef Alfonso Maury explained.
Take a look a the Prairie 360˚ menu here.
Here are a few facts about the new restaurant:
• The revolving dining room makes a revolution every 45 minutes or so.
• Total seating capacity, including summer patios is 400 people. The dining room serves 220, a 31st floor private lounge holds 60 people and will be available for private rental. A whiskey bar and piano room are also located on the 28th floor, along with two summer patios. A fully wired boardroom with views of the city will seat about 20 people and is available for booking.
• Two summer outdoor patios, located off the piano room and the whiskey bar on the 28th floor, will each seat about 60 people.
• Every seat in the dining room has a view of the city. Maximum table size is 10 but larger groups are welcome. No guest will be seated with their backs to the view.
• The restaurant will stock 237 spirits and 200 bottles of wine.
• The whiskey bar will stock 147 brands. Every bottle will include a description of the flavour profiles, tasting notes and where it was produced.
• Many of the entrées will be 'farmer style,' with an emphasis on meat and potatoes. Bison, dry-aged Manitoba and Alberta beef and elk are on the menu.
• There is a kids menu.
• Many of the desserts will be a modernized throw-back to 19th century recipes including floating islands and fruit platz.
• Opening day is November 11, 2013.
Here are a few more pictures from the preview tour:
Peg City Grub is your ultimate source for everything foodie in Winnipeg. From the hottest chefs to the best new restaurants to the most delicious events, we’ve got you covered. Follow us on Twitter @pegcitygrub and visit www.tourismwinnipeg.com for more on the city’s fabulous dining options.
Peg City Grub is a Tourism Winnipeg culinary initiative.